Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Stupor

I've basically spent the last five days in bed, if you ignore the failed attempt to go to work, the time spent doing laundry Saturday (no option), or the few dishes I managed to do... was it Sunday? I'm now in a bit of a stupor. I'm hoping that this is a sign that I've now slept the cold off, and am ready to get back to work. (It would have been more convenient had the "slept enough" point happened in the morning, not when it was time to go to bed.)

I woke up this morning, coughing enough I had to have a bath to settle it. I had another bath tonight. After a bunch of phone calls, I got some asthma meds to prevent bronchitis. (Amusing: after getting a phone call, I went to the back door to exchange a fist full of cash for a paper bag with drugs... my parents had picked up my prescription for me. ;) ) I took the puffs then, and will take a second dose after I finish writing this, before bed. (It's supposed to be twice a day, and it was mid-afternoon when I got them, but I didn't want to wait to start.)

I'm not sure if the medication is starting to kick in, or if the cough is under control due to the bath. If it's the meds, I should be able to go to work tomorrow. If it's the bath, I probably won't do so well if I try to go in. I suppose I'll have an idea when I wake up, and find out how the hacking cough is then.

I should just go to bed, and figure this out in the morning (since I obviously can't figure it out right now)... but sleeping for five days has really thrown my schedule off. I feel like I should be hungry (I don't know why... possibly because I only ate twice today), but I don't think I am. I hate being in a stupor.

Well... time to medicate, use the neti-pot, do my normal nightly ablutions, and hopefully I'll get to sleep okay. Perhaps I'll change which pajamas I'm wearing, just for some variety.

Whatever I have, I really hope no one else gets it. :(

No comments: