Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dang

I bought a lovely new work of art from another club member.
IMG_4387
I happened to have an el-cheapo frame that is the right size. It's an el-cheapo frame, but it would allow me to get my new art on the wall sooner rather than later, protect it, and not cost any additional money.

The frame is a few millimeters too short width-wise. Frack. *sigh*

I had even picked out one of my paintings that I was going to put in the closet to make room for this one.

Speaking of art, the art show is coming up next weekend:
LCAG May 2011 poster OL
However, the lovely owl I bought has already been snapped up, so you'll have to find something else. ;) (If you want to come just to look, that's fine too!)

I have an eight foot space, plus cards and magnets in the shrink-wrap area. If you want to say hi, I'll be running credit cards on Friday and half of Sunday, and doing the silk painting demo on Sunday. I hope you can make it!

2 comments:

Knittah said...

Gorgeous piece!

noricum said...

Isn't it? I just *had* to snap it up! :)

I've actually met the owl in the portrait. He's a rescue owl that's damaged in such a way that he can't be released to the wild, and so he's brought various places for educational purposes. He has the most *amazing* eyes! Have you ever had a chance to meet an owl close up? Do you have a bird rescue near you? I recommend you visit. :)