Monday, August 30, 2010

Beads!

I stopped in at the Trading Post this afternoon, and bought beads!
IMG_3724
(Beads are pretty.) Why do I need beads? I'm thinking of adding decorations to the birch bark canoe I started making at the cabin for my cousin M. Oh, wait... I haven't blogged the birch bark canoe (or virtually anything else about the cabin). Here's the canoe in progress:
IMG_3700
Does anyone know what a $150 birch bark canoe looks like? (I'm making a replacement for a stolen one.)

I bought the bodkins because they look easier to use than safety pins, and didn't know about them before. I had heard the word, but didn't know what they were. They're for threading cord/elastic/whatever through fabric... uh... tunnels(? ...can you tell I'm not a seamstress?). The two items on the right are for making my vintage thread spools into Christmas ornaments. :)

The long things are actual dyed porcupine quills! (I had always thought of porcupine quills as being much longer... around 6" or so. Who knew they were so short?)

No comments: