Thursday, September 24, 2009

Le *Sigh*

Tonight I feel a kinship with Pepé Le Pew, although what I feel is in no way similar to his unrequited love. I feel... morose? Hmm, no. I just looked up the definition of that in some online dictionaries, and gloomy/sulky does not describe how I feel. (How have I misunderstood morose for so long?) It's like I have a profound sadness in my soul, but not despair. Perhaps my antidepressants are keeping it enough at bay? I do believe I need more sleep.

Another prof at work mentioned suffering from sleep-deprivation-induced snippiness.

No, I am not yet prepared for class tomorrow. Another late night. Le *sigh*...

5 comments:

Scunge said...

I think the word you are looking for is malaise.

noricum said...

Hmmm... malaise is closer, but still not quite right. Although depression is an illness, the sadness I feel doesn't feel quite like depression sadness, and I tend to associate malaise with physical illness, rather than mental illness.

Scunge said...

How about melancholy?

noricum said...

Yes, I do believe melancholy is the correct word. Thanks! ;)

Scunge said...

You are most welcome.