Tuesday, June 04, 2013

The Hanging Gardens of...

...um... yeah, okay, not impressive enough to have a name. ;)

Last weekend I got my three hanging baskets assembled, and tonight I hung them. I had left them in a somewhat sheltered spot because we were still getting threats of frost Saturday and Sunday nights, but I think we're good now. (I also planted the tomato seedling my dad gave me... I'm sorry if I bring down the wrath of Murphy on everyone!) I only had one spot for a hanging basket from last year, so I had to put up two more hooks. One went by the gate between the back yard and side yard:
IMG_7199
Uh... not really the look I was going for!
IMG_7200
Better! I had hoped for it to hang a bit higher, and with the hook not half-covered up by the ugly board, but, oh well. Maybe later I'll futz with the chains to get them shorter and move the hook back lower. For now, this will do.

The other new hook went up on the other side of the porch door:
IMG_7201
Yes, I realize the one on the right is hanging slightly higher than the one on the left, but I set the one on the left so that it would bump the window frame rather than glass, and that's how much chain was left over after I took the spare off the left. It's close enough. Yes, I could raise the one on the left, but, if anything, I'd prefer to lower the right, and that's not an option at the moment. (Hmmm... I wonder if I have more chain like that somewhere inside...)

Oooo... I do believe this is starting to look "garden-ish":
IMG_7202
I may yet manage something I can be proud of this summer!

You know, it'll be sad if I have to move out if dad and I can't agree on a price, or I can't afford the one we do agree on. *sigh*

No comments: