Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ow.

Gardening hurts. (It's not just me, right?)

Today I filched a bunch of mom's compost
IMG_5028
(well, I asked first, so I guess it's not filching)....

...and turned this:
IMG_5029
IMG_5030
IMG_5032

...into this:
IMG_5033
IMG_5034
IMG_5035
IMG_5036
That last bit didn't get any compost or peat moss dug in... I ran out... both of the "magic soil" (what my landlord brought when I asked for peat moss, but beggars can't be choosers) and of "get up and go" (it "got up and left").

Notes:

The area with the orange annuals also needs the soil amended, plus the dirt in front of the other shrub.

The shrub on the right is also smaller. (The caretaker came out while I was gardening, and complained again that it was bigger than it used to be... so I dug up parts of it.)

The bare spot will get plants once the soil is amended.

The crowd of day lilies will also be dealt with later. I'm "storing" them there until I have their final spots ready for them.

No comments: