Monday, January 30, 2012

Mylo Update

Previously:
IMG_5544

Tonight:
IMG_5571

At one point I thought I might be messing things up, but now I think I'm still doing well.

I was fighting with the paint tonight. The air was so dry, the paint on my palette kept forming skins. I think I've figured out now which colours I need on my palette, and which I can leave in the tube until needed. Maybe. I'm also considering using my wet palette, even though I don't plan to save paint between sessions. (I only paint at most once a week, and a wet palette would go moldy if I used it like that.)

Remember how another artist asked why there was so much blue? Well, as I was cleaning up tonight, he asked if I had been working on a darker German shepherd before. (Nope, same painting, just further along.)

No comments: